"Which cart should I choose?"
Do you utilize iPad’s, Chromebooks, and other mobile devices in almost all of your classes? Or does your school initiate B.Y.O.D. (bring your own device) or 1:1 programs in the classroom? Do you struggle to find a way to charge and securely store all of your devices in one location?
With Spectrum Industries’ mobile computing carts, now you can charge devices in your classroom anytime and anywhere.
Spectrum Industries, a premier manufacturer of educational products, innovates furniture that connects you with technology. With almost 30 different storage and charging carts to choose from, let’s explore which cart might be a perfect fit for your devices and classroom.
For more than 40 Devices:
1. InTouch42™ Tablet Cart- Do you struggle to find enough outlets in your classroom to charge all of your devices? With Spectrum’s InTouch42 Tablet Cart, you won’t have to worry about searching for outlets again. The InTouch42 can store and charge up to 42 of the largest iPads® or tablets and its superior all-metal overhead cord management systems keeps cords organized above each storage bay. The cart’s compact footprint and handle provide easy mobility while its 42 storage bays can securely protect mobile devices.
2. Cloud40™ Chromebook Cart- With Spectrum’s Cloud40™ Chromebook Cart, you can easily store, transport, and charge up to 40 tablets, iPads, Chromebooks, and notebooks in one small cart. The best part about this cart is that its PowerProdigy charger can sense current from up to four, 10-outlet power units and distribute power to the least-charged devices in the cart. With this cart’s charging system, you devices will always be powered and ready to go.
The Cloud40 features a high-pressure impact and scratch resistant laminate worksurface, deluxe 4” or 5” balloon wheels, and large, removable QuickBrick™ wiring trays. The removable trays include retaining straps for charge adapters that allow wiring to be completed outside of the cart at your convenience.
For more than 30 devices:
3. SIM32™ Cart- As one Spectrum’s newest and smallest mobile computing carts, the SIM32 can store and charge up to 32 iPads, tablets, Chromebooks, or notebooks up to 15.6”. The SIM32 features 5” balloon wheels for easy room-to-room mobility, durable plastic dividers to protect devices, and a single-bolt latch with padlock hasp for superior protection and security.
One of the best features about the SIM32 is that its front loading, all-metal cord management system makes for convenient wire management. Now, there will be no more moving around devices and wires from the front of the cart to the back of the cart just to wire and begin to charge devices. Learn how easy it is to wire your SIM32 Cart by clicking on the video here.
4. The Connect36™ Mobile Device Cart - features a tray for brick storage and its small footprint of 29”W x 25”D saves valuable space.
The Connect36 features a superior all-metal overhead cord management system that keeps cords organized above each device storage bay, and its ventilated doors and side panels keep devices and chargers cool. The Connect36 can store and charge tablets, iPads, Chromebooks, and notebooks.
For less than 20 devices:
5. The Pro20™ Notebook Cart – Use the Pro20 Notebook Cart to store, transport, and charge up to 20 tablets, iPads, Chromebooks, or notebooks. The cart’s compact footprint and handle provide easy mobility, and its scratch and impact-resistant high-pressure laminate top provides a durable, useful worksurface for instructors.
The Pro20 features a superior all-metal overhead cord management system that keeps charge cords organized above each storage bay. In addition, its large removable QuickBrick™ wiring trays with retaining straps for charge adapters allow wiring to be completed outside of the cart to provider quick and easy integration. This cart ships fully-assembled for quick, simple integration and deployment.
It is also available with one of Spectrum’s three different charging solutions, the PowerProdigy™ Timer, eLogix™ Timer, and Power Switch. Click here to learn more about these three different charging options.
6. The Connect18™ - can store, charge, and transport up to 18 tablets, iPads, Chromebooks, and notebooks up to 15.6”. As one of the fastest carts to wire in the industry, the Connect18 features an all-metal overhead cord management system that keeps charge cords organized. In addition, each storage bay is numbered and are separated with durable ABS plastic dividers to protect devices from scratching.
On the cart’s bottom shelf, you can securely protect and store classroom projects, materials, and tools, and securely protect and lock devices with the Connect18’s recessed padlock hasp and double-bolt steel lock.
This cart can easily be transferred from room-to-room with its 5” balloon wheels and small footprint of 29”W x 25”D. Spectrum’s Power Switch, one of its three charging options, is perfect for charging low-wattage devices like tablets, phones, and Chromebooks. To learn more about the Connect18, click here.
7. The Discover Cart - can store robotics and coding kits like LEGO’s® WeDo 2.0 kits in 10 different bins all on the cart’s lower shelf. This cart, part of Spectrum’s makerspace product line, can charge up to 10 mobile devices, features 5” balloon wheels for easy room-to-room mobility, and a recessed dual-bolt latch with a padlock hasp for superior protection and security.
8. The Builder Cart - features two flip-up shelves and two slide-out shelves that have magnetic friendly surfaces, providing endless creativity opportunities. In addition, it is mobile, provides storage space, and its height can be adjusted from 30”-36” to fit every age group.
9. The Pathway Cart - can store and charge 12 Sphero® 2.0, 12 Sphero Mini’s™, and 12 mobile devices. The charging shelf for Sphero’s can easily be removed for seamless deployment and the Pathway Cart’s interior module can simply be interchanged if new robotics or programming kits are used. In addition, its front facing, convenient, wire management system allows students to be able to easily plug-in and charge devices.
Spectrum Creates Quality Products
For over 50 years, Spectrum has been serving customers with their products such as its AV-ready lecterns, carts, tables, chairs, and desks. Since 1968, Spectrum has evolved to meet the needs of their customers and for the company to live up to its standards of creating high-quality, durable furniture.
“Quality is the first aspect we look at when designing products,” said Jon Riggs, one of Spectrum’s Designers. “Often, customer comments inspire changes or a new product design. Since they are the ones who are using our product the most, we take those suggestions seriously. In the end, we want our customers to receive a strong and reliable product, even strong enough to stand on, that is flexible enough to provide years of trouble-free service.”
From design, to development, and all the way to manufacturing the end product, Spectrum’s thorough product development process is their way of ensuring their customers that they are in safe hands and receiving a quality product.
Spectrum continues to value customer feedback and innovate furniture that connects people with technology for the ultimate learning environment.
Spectrum's Carts: "Which cart should I choose?"
Posted: December 6, 2018
"Which cart should I choose?"